3/08/2012

Curiousity and Danger, Connections at my fingertips

I love this time we live in.  Connections at my fingertips.  On Facebook I "like" Prairie Schooner the literary magazine.  Their page sends out a "share" to FilmMaker Magazine  with an article Ten Lessons on Filmmaking from Director Marjane Satrapi.

Filming Meet the Artist
Our recent video project is the Meeting the Artist Event at the Portland Art Museum Rental Sales Gallery we filmed February 25th.  So film making is on my mind.  Not at the level of Satrapi's "Persepolis".

Of Marjane Satrapi's list of ten lessons I like 1. Learn to tell your story, 2. Create Don't Produce, 4. the best films come from the best collaborations, 5. Don't waste your time on Divas, 6. Try Dallas (she means go to places where not everyone agrees with you), 7 Suffering is optional, 8. Shoot for beauty, 10. Remember Humor.

How easy it is to learn things these days.  Curiosity can also be dangerous.  Access from afar is very possible and real.

Earlier today I watched a TED talk All Your Devices can be Hacked  by Avi Rubin.  He presented a horrifying list of devices that can be hacked and controlled.  Pace Makers, Cars, phones, two way radios, and stealing key strokes from your computer.  Access is not easy, it takes knowledge, some very esoteric knowledge, but access can be achieved.  Some of the methods are beyond me.   In Rubin's talk there were seeds to several 21st century spy stories and some pretty good mystery stories.

Those who say privacy is dead, get over it.  Yep.  I hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment