2/23/2012

Creating a routine to create

attentive to what is there
There is a website Zen Habits that is dedicated to changing habits.  In the article "29 ways to successfully ingrain a behavior" they have the simple steps of habit change: 1. Write down your plan. 2. Identify your new routine.  3. Focus on doing the new behaviors every day for about 30 days.   And some great quotes.  "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." which is attributed to Aristotle.   Advice is keep it simple, one behavior at a time and do a 30 day challenge.

With the blog I gave myself a 30 day challenge that started 12/31/11 to do an entry a day.  I did 30 days and I'm into the second 30 days.  Okay so I feel strong.   Next comes a routine for creative writing.  There is a ton of advise on the web.  It comes down to building in the time, the motivation and doing it.  This is my write it down part, not a plan, but saying it out loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment