2/20/2012

Studio space to work to relax

Meadowlake Clay studio
Under glazing tiles for the Cedarwood bathroom is a calm repetitive task.  Okay, boring.  But there is a challenge.  The last batch of test tiles the glaze developed pin holes.  Nasty little creatures sometimes as difficult to get rid of as ants.

And for a bathroom pinholes are not acceptable.  They will eventual blister and pop.  Then it means pulling them and replacing.  Not fun.

small tea bowl
But when I look up from the work table the studio relaxes.  There is a calm that settles through me.  I wonder about moving to a new space, untried and unknown.  

Tea bowls and masks and sculptures and tiles gives me more projects than I can keep up with.  Luckily it is not a job.  Another reason to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment