2/17/2012

Firing Tiles and Masks

Lug Marl Tri
Cone 06 firing tonight masks and tiles.  The tiles are tests for our Cederwood house bathroom around the shower.  Green, blue and gold are almost the same colors as the bird masks. 

Glazing is one of my least favorite pottery chores.  I mixed glazes together in a random manner without keeping records.  My goal and I achieve it completely is to not be able to reproduce a glaze.  Each thing fired, even in the electric kiln is unique, not to be repeated.  Sometimes I wish I could recapture a look.  The price of "one of a kind".

I watched some of videos at Wordpress TV about setting up a blog in Wordpress.   One of the videos talked about SEO and mentioned blogs being "scraped" and content being re-purposed (used) by other bloggers or whomever.  There is a plug-in which attaches back link code to the content.  When someone copies it will bring the link code back to the scrapper, thus and easy back link. 

The free Wordpress dot com blog does not allow plug ins.  The technical "geeky" stuff to learn is daunting.  Well, there was a time 20 some years ago when I knew nothing about clay.  And still learning about it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment